1) School is down the street from a train station that will take Mike into work.
2) I can drop them off early, or, um, Mike could, and take the train, if ever that was needful.
3) But really... who am I kidding? It will be a bloody miracle if we ever get there before 830. Which is 20 minutes after school starts. I needed a backhoe to get them out of bed this morning, and I'm pretty sure my bribe of "lunch at McDonalds" is really the thing that got them up and out.
Mommy... ensuring future generations of Weight Watchers clients one bribe at a time
And to all those people who say to me "wow, now what are you going to do with yourself since the kids are in school all day?" I say... REALLY? I mean REALLY?
Have you ever:
1) tried to sort or fold laundry with the "help" of a four year old? How about 3 four-year olds?
2) Same with grocery shopping
3) Same with unloading groceries
4) Same with unpacking laundry/clothes/dishwashers/etc
5) Same with making phone calls. If anyone out there can make a phone call without their kids going absolutely nuckin' futz, I would really love to know how you do it. Even locking myself in the bathroom has resulted in melodrama the likes of which the soap channel has never seen...
And have you any idea how much stuff has sat around and gone undone for the past four years? Maybe I'll actually get to the OB/GYN without an audience. Or better yet, frame a picture and hang it on a wall. (Seriously, we've been in the house almost 3 years and we have yet to hang a thing on the wall. People must think our house serves as a transition for witness protection, except of course for the small matter of the ceiling hook, but that's another story for a different time.)
But truly, by the time I get 'home,' its 9am and i have to leave at 1115 to pick them up. I have 2 hours a day, really, into which to cram an entire days' worth of chores as well as the aforementioned things we never got to. And, evidently, blogging. Who knew?
Oh I'm so glad you started blogging! Your writing is priceless. I hope you keep it up. Better add "blogging" to your list of chores for when they are at school. Way to go Mom, you made it 4 years :)
ReplyDeleteI nominate YOU as the voice of desperate mommies everywhere. Sorry, but I now must use an over-used phrase to summarize: Awesome!
ReplyDelete