Well, not exactly... I have bronchitis, courtesy of the urchins. And then today, on their first field trip, we tromped around an apple orchard in the pouring rain for an hour, a trip for which McCann loudly announced was 'not fun Mommy!' as the teacher was helping her into the car.
And my parents, well, let's just say they are in the process of downsizing and, exiting the house where I spent some of my formative years, they bought a condo in the City. However I'm convinced this is an extensive Front to disguise the fact that they are moving in with us. Take, for example, the fact that they moved their bedroom set into our basement. And they sort of forgot to arrange for a guest room in their new place. Their guest furniture wound up....any guesses here?...
Also in my house. Hmmmmmm...
I honestly don't mind, as I love my folks. They are incredibly helpful with the kids, and they generally bring their own alcohol. And Hughes, God bless him, has been incredibly copacetic about this.
I am just choosing to crack up at the timing! "Happy Anniversary Babe! Don't trip over my mom's shoes and pass me a the T-box."
I had full intentions of blogging today and reminiscing about marriage, and our incredible wedding, and the sanctity of marriage as it evolves with children... I had some really good stuff too. I talked about how lucky I am to have my Mate, and of course thankfully Meg and Gretchen-my college roomies who helped get us together... And how incredibly lucky I am to have hit the in-law Jackpot. Seriously, Chip and Minnie are two of my most favorite people in the world and they are great, loving, generous and involved grand parents. (And parents for that matter.)
And on and on...
However, while hacking up an apple from the ill-fated field trip that I took by virtue of volunteering to be a room 'parent,' (which only seems fair as I'm responsible for one third of the class), I deleted my beautiful diatribe.
I kind of take that as a sign...
| Hi Hon! We bought some stuff with us... you'll need it in the guest room. |
It may not be glamorrous, but it's life. And it's blessed.
Happy day Hughes. I love you like no other.
No comments:
Post a Comment